14U Boys Winter Academy
- After completing our Age Group Academy, athletes can continue to advance their skills on one of our Junior Teams.
- Junior teams are great for athletes with novice, moderate or advanced water polo experience who seek to take their skill sets to the next level.
- Junior team coaches and athletes will work closely together to advance our athletes to their next level of water polo success.
- Junior teams promote the student athlete with a balanced and efficient training and competitive schedule.
- Junior team placement is based on athlete’s age as of August 1, 2021.
- Junior teams consist of 6th, 7th and 8th grade athletes.
- Junior teams are offered in 4 seasons: Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer.
La Jolla United wpc 14U Boys Winter Academy
Coaches: John William Bryant, Nate Ellinthorpe, LJU Staff
Important Reminders for Athletes to be Cleared for Training:
All La Jolla United wpc members must be registered with USA Water Polo prior to their first day of water polo training and maintain current membership status. La Jolla United wpc athletes are required to be a Gold Member, affiliated with La Jolla United wpc (1654), upload a current photo ID, and complete their birthdate verification process. Official website to register with USA Water polo click HERE.
Coggan Aquatic Center Membership
All La Jolla United wpc athletes will need to be active members at Coggan Family Aquatic Center. CFAC hours, membership benefits, schedule and program information can be found HERE.
Complete Coggan Aquatic Center Waiver & Parent Commitment Form
Waivers are emailed upon new athlete registration.
Waivers need to be completed and turned into your athletes coach prior to their first practice.
Returning athletes will NOT need to resubmit waivers.
Registration & Payment:
All players (new and existing) using this system for the first time will need to register a new account using “Register Now”. After you register the first time, you will be a Returning User and be able to use “Member Login” feature.
When registering, please use the PLAYER’S name (not the parent’s name) as the member. The email address should be the parent’s email (or the person making communication correspondence).
A player’s age division is determined by the athlete’s age on August 1st of the year in which the tournament is being held.
If a player is 14 years old on August 1 of the upcoming Summer, they are eligible to compete in the 14U division. If an athlete turns 15 on July 31, his/her age is 15 on August 1st and is therefore not eligible for the 14U division. They are, however, able to participate in the 16U division.
Team Placement Evaluations will begin on 1st day of training.
Team Placement and athlete grouping is based on athletes participation, skill level, and work ethic.
Water Polo Training Schedule:
Session 1: November 14-December 13th
Session 2: January 4-March 14th